Welcome to PyMoDAQ’s documentation!¶
Announcement: Training session in Toulouse, France 12/13/14 Octobre 2020:
PyMoDAQ, Modular Data Acquisition with Python, is a set of python modules used to interface any kind of experiments. It simplifies the interaction with detector and actuator hardware to go straight to the data acquisition of interest.
It has two purposes:
- First, to provide a complete interface to perform automated measurements or logging data without having to write a user/interface for each new experiment, this is under the DashBoard environment and its two extensions.
- Second, to provide various tools (modules) to easily build a Custom Application
It is divided in three main modules:
- DashBoard : This is the module that will initialize actuators and detectors given the need of your particular experiment. You configure the dashboard using an interface for quick launch of various configurations.
- DAQ Logger : This module lets you log data from one or many detectors defined in the dashboard. You can log data in a binary hierarchical hdf5 file or towards a sql database
- DAQ Scan : This module lets you configure automated data acquisition from one or many detectors defined in the dashboard as a function or one or more actuators defined also in the dashboard.
The detectors and the actuators are represented and manipulated using two generic modules:
- DAQ Move : used to control/drive an actuator (stand alone and/or automated). Any number of these modules can be instantiated.
- DAQ Viewer : used to control/drive a detector (stand alone and/or automated). Any number of these modules can be instantiated.
and many others to simplify any application development.
GitHub repo: https://github.com/CEMES-CNRS
List of available plugins: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wfMfvLwTitZd2R2m1O5i6wVEaX1lJBahP2HUbxVdidg
Based on the
pyqtgraph library : http://www.pyqtgraph.org by Luke Campagnola.
PyMoDAQ is written by Sébastien Weber: email@example.com under a CeCILL-B license.
PDF version of this documentation: http://pymodaq.cnrs.fr/_static/PyMoDAQ.pdf
By using PyMoDAQ, you are being asked to cite it (this website) when publishing results obtained with the help of its interface. In that way, you’re also helping in its promotion and amelioration.
Please see the changelog.
- PyMoDAQ’s overview
- How to Start
- Main Modules
- DAQ Scan
- DAQ Logger
- DAQ Move
- DAQ Viewer
- Data Viewers
- Saving datas
- Utility Modules
- Main Modules
- Custom Application
- TCP/IP communication
- Who use it?
- Library Reference